måndag 15 februari 2010

No.7 x 2010


This track, here re-edited by Alden Tyrell, was released on the compilation Clone Box Jams a few years back, no doubt due to it's clean and hard sound as it rubbed shoulders with Chicago house productions as well as the electric Garage classic Heat You Up, Melt You Down by Shirley Lites.
Although on that compilation this composition is credited to Harold Haltermeyer & Peter Moesser, and the track is titled So High (which could suggest that another release was made still unknown to Discogs... or more likely that Mr. Tyrell wanted to keep this treasure to himself).
Anyway, I just spotted this wonder of Germanian cosmica among the secret offers of Cosmic Dudes latest batch of up-for bids. So go spend a fortune and then laugh loudly while stroking a white cat as you build your empire of hard-to-find cosmic records.

PETER MOESSER'S MUSIC - HIGH (Alden Tyrell Re-Edit)

1 kommentar:

the saucer people sa...

"go spend a fortune and then laugh loudly while stroking a white cat as you build your empire of hard-to-find cosmic records"

I laughed loud when I read what you wrote, so funny and so spot on! I have got to hand it to the Cosmic Dudes (ridiculous pricing structure aside but hey, they got to make a living and if the market didn't exist then those prices would soon be dropping) they do manage to get their silver-glittered gloves on some amazingly obscure 'cosmica' (my catch all term for all things...well...erm...cosmic) from the seventies and early eighties but lets move some some of that praise here, I have only just found your site and its as equally as impressive in the 'cosmica' stakes and this track is no exception, though with Tyrell at the controls, I guess its to be expected, that Tyrell is 'da shizzle' as I hear the young people say when it comes to a 21st century re-model (his dark moody re-edit of the moody, its so moody Italo-discoid Creatures 'Other Worlds Robots' is a sonic pleasure of the highest order).

Having said that, I have not heard the original 'High' track so I am at a slight disadvantage but the re-edit sounds good enough to me, if you are going to heist a keyboard rhythm then who better than Moroder to heist it from says myself! Is there going to be a posting of the original in the dim and distant future, say it will be so!